Hello! So, first an update from my previous post – I finally decided on Lambda School’s – Full Stack Web Development program. 🙂 A little over a week ago, I received my acceptance letter to begin the full-time program starting April 22nd.
The admissions process contained several parts and (for me) took around 2 weeks:
- An interview: I had a 10 minute phone call with Lambda where they ask you questions about prior coding experience, educational background, and career goals. They also wanted to know why they should invest in you.
- Coding Challenge: A 3 question test having you modify functions to return specific output.
The Full Stack Web Development program is 9 months long and teaches in-depth industry knowledge in:
- Web Application Development
- Back-end development
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Networking and Computer Architecture
The full syllabus & curriculum can be found here:
Even with already having knowledge of HTML & CSS, I’m enjoying the experience of starting over from scratch and learning new things in the process. Starting from the basics will certainly help later on in the more advanced topics.
I’ll be blogging a lot more often since school is about to be in session and plus this is what this blog is all about – my journey into becoming a software developer. 🙂
See you soon! 🙂